The WebSphere Application Server Administrator in the Enterprise Information Management group is responsible for the technical architecture, design and implementation of solutions utilizing the WebSphere and Information Server platforms.
This position will be responsible the development and on-going improvements in standards, documentation and procedures and ensuring the company's environment align with industry standards and best practices. It includes collaborating with the business, technical and process teams to translate requirements into an application architecture that successfully supports the business applications on the WebSphere and/or Information Server platforms.
• Responsible for configuration and implementation WebSphere Application Server.
• Responsible for developing and implementing the required processes and methodologies for supporting an enterprise class Web Sphere and Information Server landscape.
• Responsible for developing standards, procedures and system documentation consistent with industry standards.
• Understands underlying technologies adequately to discuss options with technical team, Application Specialists, Architects and Developers.
• Coordinates the implementation of solutions with technical resources and members of the process and business teams.
• Prepares and conducts training of technical team members.
• Provides day-to-day support for technical issues that arise with WebSphere.
• At least 5 years of experience using a full life cycle methodology for system development, including:
o WebSphere engineering and infrastructure project planning to accommodate particular application, disaster recovery, high availability and security needs.
o Demonstrated WebSphere, Message Queue and Message Broker 6.1 and 7.0 installation, troubleshooting and administration experience.
o Apache and IBM HTTP server installation, configuration and setup in relation to a load balanced environment and a WebSphere environment.
o Linux administration experience including; file systems, shell scripting, process management and application monitoring.
o Windows server administration experience including; file system, scripting, windows services, process management and application monitoring.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to translate between business-focused and technical-focused individuals.
• Demonstrated in depth understanding of application design, configuration and lifecycle management concepts.
• Demonstrated technical design and leadership experience.
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow up skills.
• Ability to work on a 24x7x365 support environment.
• Ability to work overtime.