- Responsible to inspect and pack quality products into boxes and containers in a team atmosphere.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Inspects packaged items and alerts Machine Operator or Shift Supervisor of any problems.
- Inspects package weight.
- Verifies code, dates, and price.
- Examines packages for proper seal.
- Reports any an all conditions that could lead to contaminated product.
- Packs product into cartons, cans and specialty containers.
- Places carton, can or specialty container onto skid.
- Responsible for training new packers.
- Prepares items when “extra”
- Line cans and caddies.
- Labels boxes.
- Rework items.
- Gives breaks and lunches.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary work environment at all times.
- Responsible to follow all safety rules and work safely at all times.
- Responsible to report unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor.
- Must adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires basic math and reading skills.
- Requires knowledge of product quality and production processes.
- Standing required 100% of time; moderate lifting (40lbs).
- Required to wear non-slip shoes and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Moderate noise from packaging machines.
- Occasional eye and throat irritation from pretzel dust.
Utz Quality Foods, Inc - 2 years ago