RNN is a privately owned enterprise based in Rye Brook, NY. In 1993 the current ownership purchased a single broadcast station in New York's Hudson Valley reaching less than a quarter million homes. Now our independent network reaches more than six million homes throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. We have spent years building an experienced management team and cutting-edge technological infrastructure. We deliver reliability and professionalism to the news and content production businesses and air diverse programming with regional, national and international content partners. The company owns and operates WRNN-TV, a full-power television station, and RISE Television, a cable network distributed on Time Warner, Verizon FiOS and over the air on WRNN-TV DT2. It also owns, operates, produces or master controls nine channels. RNN and its affiliates produce two 24-hour news channels in the New York DMA and two content channels in the Washington D.C. region for its partners. RNN recently built a new state-of-the-art multi-platform content hub based around the philosophy of finding efficiencies by producing content in a centralized model with the latest technology. It is a scalable and dynamic facility.
WRNN-TV in Rye Brook, NY is seeking experienced and dependable News Line Producers. Must be able to line produce, write compelling news stories and work well under pressure & tight deadlines.
This is a part time position, candidates must be able to work weekends and also have flexibility to work a variety of fill-in shifts during the week
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Select stories, stack and write show.
- Work well under pressure while still creating an excellent news product.
- Report timely news.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent writing skills for broadcast and Internet.
- Ability to show and tell compelling news story with strong visual elements.
- Strong working knowledge of local and national news issues.
- Ability to produce newscasts in a live and live-to-tape news wheel operation.
- Ability to produce news stories and segments with little supervision.
- Ability to be organized in thought, actions and habits, and meet deadlines with consistency and excellence under pressure.
- TV News writing and line producing a plus
- Experience: 1-2+ years news producing experience is required. Also, experience with ENPS is required.