Department: Information Technology (ITD)
We are seeking an Associate Programmer, EDI for our Information Technology Department to work Thursday-Monday (32-40hrs/week).
The primary purpose of this position is responsible for the modification of information systems programs from detailed specifications, under direct supervision.
Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
Performs elementary fact finding and analysis concerning a specified work process or business need.
Performs routine programming assignments under direct supervision. Detailed instructions will be provided for each task and any deviation must be approved by the supervisor.
Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
Assists in training of end-users.
Assists in production of documentation.
- Problem solving, analytical logic, interpersonal, and communication skills; must be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or business degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of relational database administration and analysis., must be familiar with a variety of data formats.
- Experience in managed care environment preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of relational database design using SQL server in a network environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 2 years ago