Key Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Model and promote the mission, values and guiding principles of TSI through appropriate appearance, words and actions.
• Engage in opportunities that positively impact the member experience.
• Adhere to all operational excellence standards related to providing a welcoming club environment.
• Greet and acknowledge every member who enters and exits the club.
• Scan all member, guest and employee key tags, ensuring all vendors sign the logbook.
• Ask members/guests for photo ID if they don’t have their key tag.
• Be aware of all club issues, events or schedule changes and politely communicate them to members and ensure next shift is made aware of general status and all unresolved issues.
• Answer telephone on first ring in a friendly, professional way, using the standard greeting, answering all. questions efficiently and directly to appropriate person.
• Listen to member/guest’s requests without interrupting (If dealing with a complaint, apologize for the inconvenience and solve the problem, or request assistance from someone who can).
• Ensure the front desk is neat, with materials stored properly.
• Be able to locate the first aid kit/AED and staff members in the club who are AED/CPR certified.
• Immediately report any suspicious activities to a manager or call 911 in case of an emergency (be familiar with Code Orange).
• Proudly support the training of new welcome team members.
The Welcome Team Member (WT) position contributes to TSI’s success by providing a welcoming and safe environment for the members. As the “Ambassador of TSI’s Brand Experience,” the Welcome Team Member is required to operate using the three standards of operational excellence: Always Welcoming, Always Helpful and Always Accountable while ensuring the alignment of all TSI initiatives.
The Welcome Team Member position reports directly to the Assistant General Manager.
Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (TSI Holdings) is an operator of fitness clubs in the northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the...