OVERVIEW: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Weld Tracker will be charged with the initial inspection and documentation (tracking) of all non-CODE welding work and will complete all required tracking on a project specified by the Quality Control Supervisor
Key Work Experiences/Education:
Technical/Functional competencies required:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial welding environment, with 3 years of application in the oil and gas industry.
- NCCER Safety Certification
- Current CPR and First aid Certification preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Whenever feasible and safe, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the listed essential functions.
- Assist with client Inspection/Engineering personnel in the preparation of plans and drawings (weld maps)
- In charge of planning and control of weld consumables, welding procedures, and welding operations as directed by the QC supervisor
- Assist the Quality Control Supervisor in the administration of Transfield Services Quality Control Manual for the construction, alteration and repair of ASME Code Items
- Must have a working knowledge of welding and cutting processes, and the applicable NDE methods
- Must have the ability to maintain daily job logs and must be able to develop computer skills sufficient to expand job planning and record keeping functions (calculating and maintaining welder NDE percentages)
- Must keep detailed and accurate records and assemble detailed information to produce necessary tracking reports
- Must be reliable—daily attendance for scheduled work is mandatory.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Must be fluent at reading, speaking, and writing English.
- Must have advanced computer skills
- Attend and participate in daily safety meetings.
- Leading by example includes but is not limited to the following:
o Promotes a Safe work culture- attitudes are a condition of employment.
o Manage the company resources and assets like they are your own.
o Promote positive image of company to both clients and TRANSFIELD employees.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, sand blast hoods, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 15%
Monster - 22 months ago