Welder 1 (Alternate Shift)
***This is an
(8:30pm to 6:30am Mon - Thurs) hourly position with a starting pay of $16.04 (+ shift premium) in Sanford, NC.***
**This job posting will close on
Sunday, September 08,
As a Welder 1 at Caterpillar Inc., you will under general supervision, directly support the fabrication of structures.
This position utilizes tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, inspection, ergonomics and other duties as assigned.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform welding duties including but not limited to:
Mechanical job duties may include:
- Operates robotic and manual MIG weld machines.
- Must be able to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gages and other measuring tools.
- Ability to perform in station repair on defective welds utilizing carbon air arc process, grinders, etc.
- Ability to clear common robotic welding system faults
Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs to position heavy fabricated metal components in weld fixtures.
- General knowledge of manufacturing, methods, and processes
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance (wire change, tip/nozzle change)
Must be able to work in a highly structured environment, strictly adhering to provided standard work instructions
Follows documented procedures standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free operations to create and machine components.
Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Worker is responsible for process and final inspections.
Must be able to function as part of a team, willing to be multi-trained and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
Contributing team member
Must have effective communications skills
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods; Ability to perform repetitive operations; Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
-Successful completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process
-Must be able to pass the following AWS D1.1 welder qualifications during Cat provided weld training:
T-fillet break test in the 2F (horizontal fillet) position
Limited thickness groove test in the 1G (flat groove) position
Sep 8, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Sanford-SANFORD01-BCP Sanford NC Plant USA
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 16 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...