As Welder 3 at Caterpillar Inc., you will under general supervision, directly support the fabrication of structures.
This position utilizes tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, inspection, ergonomics and other duties as assigned.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform welding duties to perform welding duties including but not limited to:
- Manual MIG Welding
- Out of position repair of defective welds utilizing carbon air arc process, grinders, etc.
- Ability to clear common robotic welding system faults in all qualified work stations.
- Must be able to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gages and other measuring tools.
- Mechanical job duties may include the following:
- Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- General knowledge of manufacturing, methods, and processes
- Complete routine maintenance (wire change, tip/nozzle change) in all qualified work stations.
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Follows documented procedures, standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free operations
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Worker is responsible for process and final inspections
- Must be able to function as part of a team, willing to be multi-trained and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Contributing team member
- Must have effective communications skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods; Ability to perform repetitive operations; Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Completion of Welder 1 observation period at valued performance level
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with carbon air arc weld removal
- Must be able to pass the following AWS D1.1welder qualification tests:
- Limited thickness groove weld in 3G (vertical) position
- Limited thickness groove weld in 4F (overhead) position
Sep 8, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Sanford-SANFORD01-BCP Sanford NC Plant USA
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...