- Performs welding repair and fabrication on high temperature/high pressure (750°F/1500psig) applications throughout the power block and solar field.
- Responsible for welding in all steam/water applications in the power block. Pipe diameters vary from 1/2" to 24".
- Responsible for welding in all HTF carbon steel applications throughout the solar field and power block. Pipe diameters vary from 1/2" to 24".
- Responsible for welding in all stainless steel applications throughout the solar field. Most notably this includes HCEs and oil pipe assemblies.
- Fabricates ball joint assemblies prior to installation in the solar field.
- Fabricates and repairs carbon steel support structures throughout the solar field and power block.
- Completes material requisitions in a complete and accurate manner.
- Writes complete and accurate accounts of work performed onto work orders.
- Operates heavy equipment as required.
- Functions as mechanic when required.
- Maintains a clean work area and vehicle.
- Performs all tasks assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Position is subject to call-outs 24/7 to deal with potential problems and to fill in as required when necessary staff is absent.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Advises Maintenance Manager of any abnormal or unusual equipment operating condition.
- Performs rigging tasks for crane and hand winch lifting.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding as required.
- Installs insulation on piping and equipment as required.
- Performs First Responder duties as required, within the level of training completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent, plus 5 years' work experience as a welder in an industrial environment, to include 2 years of fabrication experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must pass practical welding test, conducted on site in the 6G position using pipe coupons.
- Tests must pass visual inspection by ASP's Authorized Inspector and are subject to bend or X-ray testing at an independent test facility.
Acciona - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard