The Welder is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of equipment in a shop or field environment while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations
2. Determine the technical or physical status using service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs.
3. Verify findings, review readings and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
4. Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead man when necessary.
5. Order or obtain from stock or send parts to special service shop to make the appropriate tooling or alterations.
6. Install, replace, re-build or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
7. Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
8. Paint components and pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
9. Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
10. At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
11. Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Successful completion of the welder apprentice level or three years welding experience. Be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions written in the locally applicable language(s).
- Demonstrate good oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be certified in FCAW – 3G or possess the ability to pass certification test FCAW – 3G
Basic keyboarding skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid driver’s license
- Must complete the in-house forklift-training program.
Carolina CAT - 19 months ago