Daktronics, Inc designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events, Commercial, Transportation and Schools and Theatres. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these four markets.
Transportation Manufacturing builds displays for customers including: state and city departments of transportation, mass transit systems, airlines and airports, bus terminals and other transportation agencies.
The welding position is responsible for welding aluminum cabinets and structural assemblies. Welded assemblies must meet code compliant welding standards.
1. Accurately weld frames\cabinets per engineering drawing specifications.
2. Utilize jigs, tapes, and calipers to meet product tolerances.
3. Ensure all welds comply with documented Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
4. Achieve and maintain certification as outlined in Daktronics Standard for Certified Welders (ED#9057).
5. Set-up computerized welding equipment for different material alloys.
6. Understand and follow several different types of blueprints generated from both AutoCad and ProE.
7. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
8. Accurately and timely perform tasks as assigned.
9. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
10. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
1. High school diploma or GED required. Vocational training, and\or Welding Technology diploma.
2. One year of welding fabrication experience, preferrably in welding aluminum.
3. Competent in both MIG (Metal-Inert Gas) and TIG (Tungsten-Inert Gas), welding processes.
4. Extensive ability to read and understand several types of blueprints.
5. Good communication skills. Fluent in English; written and verbal. Good math skills. Above average spatial relationship skills.
6. Ability to lift and carry heavy (up to 45 pounds) and/or awkward items. Be able to stand and/or sit for the full shift.
7. Distinguish and identify wire colors. Work with some odors (solder/paint).
8. Ability to learn quickly.
9. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
10. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
11. Background check may be conducted.
12. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 23 months ago
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...