Dayton Superior is the industry leader in the design,
manufacturing and distribution of specialized concrete
construction products. Our product solutions span a wide
breadth of industry disciplines and are found on
virtually every major construction site in North
America, as well as job sites across the globe.
Perform production welding; Tig, and/or Mig welding of
steel and aluminum including brazing and cutting using
gas and electric welding equipment at our union
facility. 1st Shift and 2nd Shift available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sets-up, assembles and tacks welding parts.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded.
welding blueprints and work order to know how and
- Reads and interprets written instructions through
where to place weld and hold tolerances for high
products including aluminum. May repair welding
- Cuts, burns and welds various material and
equipment using correct welding skills and
appropriate welding apparatus and equipment.
build a jig for a part if fixturing exists.
- Builds up worn and defective surfaces. Ability to
rules and guidelines including proper machine
- Ensure and observe all safety and housekeeping
guarding and lockout/tagout procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.·
The ability to read and interpret blueprints· Must
- Completion of formal apprentice program preferred. ·
be able to use basic measuring tools such as a tape
measure, micrometer, dial caliper, protractor.· Must
be skilled in proper Mig welding equipment and
combination of training and experience.
- High School diploma preferred or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of welding experience in a manufacturing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands
- Good verbal communication skills required.
described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes,
- Will be required to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Will be required to wear PPE equipment such as
gloves, aprons and any other protective gear deemed
necessary for this position.
considerable lengths of time during the work shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and reach for
manufacturing plant environment
- May be exposed to noise, dust, oil, and fumes in the
Req. Code : 154
Division/Department : Manufacturing
% of Travel Required : None
Offer Relocation : No
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)