Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, and requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Company values.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment.
- Performs work safely, follows all safety rules, uses required PPE, reports all accidents and near accidents, and attends required safety training.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Performs basic MIG welding, and other welding techniques to support the production floor.
- Determines type of welding and material requirements based on job specifications, including blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes.
- Performs work in accordance with operational standards and processes.
- Positions and secures workpieces, using proper equipment.
- Welds or tack welds metal parts together.
- Examines finished work pieces, and uses instruments such as gauges, to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the supervisor or lead person.
- Performs cleaning, inspection, and preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure equipment is in good working order. Reports needed repairs or replacements to supervisor or maintenance.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other related duties, which may include working in other work stations, as required or directed.
Required Knowledge & Abilities:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Successful completion of an internal welding test;
- Twelve months welding experience, or certificate/degree in welding;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as welding symbols, blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to this job including JobBOSS or other operating systems .
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to bend and stoop.
- Must regularly lift up to 30 pounds, frequently lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work performed in a shop environment: exposed to dust, odors, fumes, heat, loud noise and other elements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
The job description is subject to change as the needs of JMP and the requirements of the job change.
Jones Metal Products, Inc. offers complete customer solutions by offering a full range of metal fabrication capabilities as well as design...