This position may be located at TGP facilities in Marienville, PA, Coudersport, PA or Troy, PA
Perform and inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas and liquid pipeline related facilities. Level 1 is an entry level position with approximately six to twelve months of training/work experience in order progress to next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Perform welding operations on pipe, vessels, structural skids and other equipment.
•Perform welding operations on in-service pipe.
•Layout, cut, fit and otherwise prepares material for welding.
•Perform hot taps and tie-in welds on various pipe sizes up to 42" O.D.
•Perform hot cuts and hot tie-ins on existing piping.
•Fabricate material from piping schematics and other drawings.
•Work from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions.
•Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
•Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
•Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
•Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
•Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
•This position reports to a Pipeline Support Crew Lead to ensure consistency and assurance of work performed in compliance with governmental and company policies and procedures.
•Other duties as assigned. To include working as a welder’s helper or performing Pipeline Specialist tasks such as: assisting with pipe replacements, hot tapping and stopple equipment, perform valve maintenance, pigging operations, pipe cleaning (internal and external), pipe fabrication, pipe recoating, hydrostatic testing of pipe and fabrications, perform coating removal, surface preparation and the application of coating systems, installation of “Clock-Spring / Armor-Wrap” for repair on loaded pipelines, perform excavation spotter tasks and manage excavation crossings of lines, launch, monitor and receive pipeline pigs and develop pipeline pigging plans, conduct internal pipeline cleaning or pigging operations utilizing internal pipe cleaning equipment, disassemble meter tubes and perform internal meter tube cleaning.
•High school diploma or GED
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
•Working knowledge and experience as a welder
•Knowledge of basic properties of metals
•Valid Driver’s license
•Qualified welder in conformance with API Standard 1104 – Welding of Pipelines and Related Facilities - 20th Edition 2007
•Achieve and maintain all qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification
•Will be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties (regulatory welding certifications)
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
•Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals.
•Job planning and organization
• Must have ability to read and interpret engineering construction blueprints for both pipeline and compressor station projects.
•Individual must follow all safety, environmental and regulatory policies so tasks and assignments are completed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste.
• Good communication skills - must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts, co-workers and 3rd party contractors.
• Knowledge of both OSHA safety regulations and DOT pipeline regulations.
• Focused on internal and external customer service.
•Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details and follow work rules.
•Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
•Ability to speak and understand English.
•Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
•Promote and embody Kinder Morgan Core Values.
• This individual will be responsible for administrative tasks including ordering and receiving required replacement parts, completing personal timesheets and expense accounts, completing and maintaining CMV documentation and maintaining a company vehicle.
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software if applicable), trainable to custom software applications.
•Will be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• Lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Exert up to 100 lbs. of physical force.
• Stand, walk, kneel, bend, and squat for extended periods of time.
• Twist head and back for extended periods of time.
• Work in areas classified as confined space.
• Climb and work from ladders, catwalks, staging, and platforms.
• Ascend and descend slopes and ditches.
• Work with hands above head, lying on back.
• Work in adverse weather and/or extreme temperature conditions.
• ADA Job Requirements: Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance, mental, or emotional disability.
• Work schedule is Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day and will involve overtime.
•This position requires extensive travel and overnight stays are frequent with work away from the reporting location required up to 80% of the time and the ability to respond to call-outs.
The successful candidate will be required to clear a DOT drug screen and a complete background check after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Job level commensurate with experience and skill set
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and energy infrastructure company in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately...