Komatsu America Corp. (KAC) is the second-largest, fully-integrated manufacturer and supplier of construction equipment in North America with a reputation for reliability that’s second to none. We have built a network of manufacturing plants and parts depots with approximately 2000 employees who manufacture more than 90% of all Komatsu America equipment right here in the United States.
Our product line ranges from the smallest compact construction size to the largest mining size and includes hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, crawler dozers, off-highway trucks, motor graders, skid steer loaders, tractor loaders and backhoe loaders.
Fit-up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-assembled components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process. Uses related fabrication equipment and tools as needed.
1. Fit-up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-assembled components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process. Uses related fabrication equipment and tools as needed.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Welding degree from technical college or 1+ years experience in welding required.
3. Candidate must be able to fit up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process.
4. Candidate must possess good safety and attendance record.
5. Candidate must be available to work any shift.
6. Must pass AWS D14.3 qualifications.
7. Must project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees and the Company.
8. Incumbent may be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
9. Some standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
10. Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices and standards.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must have worked in his/her job at least 6 months.
Must have no 2nd step corrective actions.
Must currently be in a lower classification to be eligible to apply.