Under the direction of the area supervisor, perform MIG welding and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment, in the fabrication of parts, to be used in the assembly of equipment to create a high quality finished product. Components may be standardized or customized as to design and function.
- Receive instructions, prints and work orders for each job. Plan details of working procedure, tools and material requirements
- Perform both basic and complex welds involving varying degrees of precision and control
- Work from drawings and specifications; use micrometers, depth gauge, fixed gauges, etc. incidental to operations.
- Fabricate equipment by cutting, burning and welding various metals. Repair equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded. Set up, assemble and tack weld parts
- Build up worn or defective surfaces
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape
- Use of hoists, mechanical drawings, and fabrication equipment
- Perform work in adherence with quality standards
- Practice safe work habits, following safety guidelines with respect to operation and personal safety gear, and support company safety initiatives
- Assist in other work centers as needed
- Repair/correction of errors
- Participation in training sessions
- Assist in training of coworkers
- Other duties as directed
Special Skills Required/ Desired:
- Mechanical aptitude – Required
- Knowledge of MIG weld equipment – Required
- Basic math skills – Required
- Ability to read diagrams/prints – Required
- Ability to operate plasma cutter – Desired
- Forklift experience – Desired
- Mig weld equipment, plasma cutter, drill press, pneumatic tools, micrometer, pallet jack, hoists, forklift
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; stoop, kneel, and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have previous welding experience and/or training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of formal apprenticeship or equivalent to qualify for certification
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform tasks involving long periods of standing
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
Magnum delivers through customer service. If a customer has a specific need that accompanies any item in its product line, Magnum's...