Metals USA has an open position for a certified welder at our Philadelphia Navy Yard, PA location. The welder under minimal supervision cuts or fuses different metals using gas torch or arc weld following diagrams or sketches. Plans and produces metal forms that can withstand great strength demands and avoid distortion, or reconstructs imperfect or damaged articles of various metals or alloys. Utilizes hand tools, fixtures, jigs and clamps for smaller welding jobs. Requires proficient knowledge of welding processes acquired through considerable experience and/or training.
Great Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
- Fluency in English
- Prior Welding experience
- Must have both Canadian and US welding certifications
- All welders must be able to read weld symbols/drawings
- Ability to read a tape measure and covert decimals to fractions
- Must have basic understanding of blueprints
- Experience with jigs and fixtures
GKN Sinter Metals makes precision pressed-powder metal components for use principally in the automotive, lawn and garden, power tool, and...