Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Welder at our Manufacturing Facility located in Niagara Falls, New York.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for following all plant and corporate safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Under general supervision, lays out, fabricates, installs, and maintains all types of plant equipment.
- Proficient in all types of welding operations including Heliarc, Tungsten Inert Gas, Metallic Inert Gas, Electrode, Oxy-brazing, and metal coating.
- Works with and knowledgeable of all types of ferrous, non-ferrous, and alloy materials.
- Works from blueprints and sketches, designs and installs all types of equipment. Performs associated work concerned with fabrication and repair of vessels, heat exchangers, etc. including rigging, movement and setup of equipment, pressure testing and inspection of completed work.
- In accordance with industry codes plans, directs, and trains apprentices and helpers as required.
- Maintains and makes adjustments to welding equipment as necessary.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- High School Diploma or GED. Journeyman certification strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years welding experience in an industrial environment.
- High level of safety and environmental awareness.
- Able to work non-traditional or extended shifts during the week and overtime as needed to maintain a 24/7 operating plant.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English.
- Must be able to properly and safely wear all required PPE such as safety glasses, hard hat, steel toed shoes, respirators, etc.
- Physical requirements include working in atmospheric conditions during all weather seasons, working with hand tools, ability to climb ladders, and traverse uneven surfaces. Must be able to safely climb, bend, stoop and lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to exit facility in expedient manner during an emergency situation.
Occidental Petroleum - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...