Performs repairs and maintenance to vehicles and roll-off containers. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary by site.
Interested candidates should click on "Apply Now". Be sure to reference JOB ID: # and position title in subject line.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers. Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication.
- Grinds metal parts after welding.
- Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment.
- Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components on trucks and containers.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Paints repaired and/or new containers.
- Performs on-site repairs at customer locations.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- One year welding experience.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every little aspect of the overall task is done correctly. Sees all the pieces that maker up the larger project.
- Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports.
- Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
- Dependability – Is someone supervisors and coworkers can count on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Allied Waste. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
- Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Allied Waste’s safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair option.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, earplugs, gloves, respirator, safety glasses, boots and safety vest.
- Tools including, but not limited to, air tools, C-Clamps, cutting torch, grease gun, hammers, jack strands, pry bar, broom, floor jack, ladder, shovel, stool, tape measure, fire extinguisher and wire brush.
- Machines including, but not limited to, air compressor, break and shear, chop saw, drill press, grinder, iron worker, overhead crane, plasma cutting table, porta-power and various other welding machines.
- Fork lift
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, and dust.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...