Assist in the writing, development, implementation,
control welding procedures, and to advise and assist in
solving field welding problems.
· Performs planning and follow-up activities to ensure
compliance with contract requirements while
concentrating on efficiency.
· Conducts research and development investigations to
develop and test new fabrication processes and
procedures, improve existing or develop new welding
equipment , develop new or modify current welding
methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new
patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and
· Prepares technical reports as a result of research and
development and preventive maintenance investigations.
· Establishes welding procedures to guide production or
welding personnel relating to specification
restrictions, material processes, pre and post heating
requirements. (which involves use of complex alloys,
unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints,
and complex post heating requirements)
· Evaluates new developments in welding field for
possible application to current welding problems or
· Coordinates with technical personnel in performance
inspections to ensure workers compliance with
established welding procedures, restrictions, and
standards, in testing welds for conformance with
national code requirements, or testing welding personnel
· Contacts personnel, other agencies, engineering
personnel, or clients to exchange ideas, information, or
offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
· Performs experimental welding to evaluate new
equipment, technologies, and materials.
· B.S. in Weld Engineering or Metallurgy
· 2-4 years experience preferred.
McDermott - 19 months ago