P & A Industries, Inc. is a progressive manufacturer of OEM metal stampings and assemblies supplying the automotive industry looking for a highly motivated Welding Engineer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for developing welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment, problem solving involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties, and characteristics of metals, metal alloys, and engineering principles. Responsible to provide technical support and monitoring processes to ensure that team objectives are met with regard to delivery of quality parts on time to the customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts research to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures.
- Improve existing or develop new welding equipment.
- Develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques and procedures.
- Discover new patterns of welding technology.
- Prepares technical reports as a result of research, development and preventative maintenance investigations.
- Establish weld procedures to guide production team relating to specifications/processes.
- Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Coordinated technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure worker’s compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing weld for compliance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
- Performs experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Assist in development and maintenance of work instructions in compliance with QMS requirements.
- Responsible to interface with internal/external customers and lead team members in problem solving with regard to production, customer, and supplier concerns.
- Authorized to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
3 or more years experience in automotive manufacturing preferred. Certified A.W.S. or equivalent is considered a plus.
When A.P.A. Industries was founded in 1984 the company's focus was retail mail order. In early 1989, a key company decision was made to...