Roll Forming Corporation leads the custom roll forming industry in technology development, has integrated internal tool building, and operates five plants in which coil strip is formed into open and welded custom shapes and tubes utilizing a variety of roll mills, many of which are fitted with the state- of-the-art pre-notching equipment providing a diversified customer base with complex, high quality products, at a low overall cost.
Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment or problems involving fabrication of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Utilizes knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles. Conducts research and development in this field. Develops and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improves existing or new welding equipment. Develops new or advanced welding methods, techniques, and procedures, to substantiate created hypothesis. Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations. Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post heating requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field from four-year college or university (Electrical, Mechanical, Welding or Applied Optics)
- One year experience in weld engineering or related technical position
- CWI or ability to obtain CWI within one year
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as required up to 15%
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple priorities
- Computer skills MS Office with strong Excel spreadsheet. Knowledge of MS Project, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and ability to learn new software options.
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Experience with laser welding process, including Titanium and Aluminum experience
- SCWI Certification
- Technical aerospace experience
Qualified applicants: please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
City of Louisville, KY - 19 months ago