The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a source of information about products and services provided by Rite Aid. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Utilize specialized knowledge of product categories to provide excellent customer service and promote health and wellness.
Guide customers, with the support of the pharmacist, as they make purchasing decisions on products related to their wellbeing (vitamins, OTC, specialty foods etc).
Achieve or exceed sales targets through one on one sales.
Consult with the pharmacists to assist customers in the selection of products.
Support, embrace and implement new initiatives to support wellness and health trends.
Act as a liaison between Rite Aid and the community by performing community outreach activities including immunization outreach, senior citizen center visits, health care provider visits, and fitness center visits.
Organize, promote, and facilitate quarterly community health events in the Wellness Format stores.
Develop and maintain merchandising displays for the health and wellness categories in accordance with the plan-o-grams.
Promote pharmacy and wellness services and support script growth initiatives.
Engage customers to complete a vitamin profile to grow the category.
Experience / Requirements:
• Minimum age of 18 years old for business travel.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
• Ability to work extended days on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
• Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
• Typing speed of 40 WPM.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft® Office Suite (Word and Internet Explorer).
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one (1) year experience in the retail or healthcare industry with experience in vitamin and/or OTC medicine; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...