An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This position will close at 10:00 PM on the closing date listed.
Directly coordinates or assists in the coordination of employee benefits projects, programs or special assignments related to health education and employee wellness, with a primary responsibility to plan, organize, and oversee health education, fitness, and wellness programs to meet department and organizational goals and employees needs.
Job Specific Details:
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- • Receives immediate supervision from the Benefits Administrator. Exercises direct supervision of interns or temporary staff.
- Participate in medical plan renewal process as related to wellness and preventative services (i.e. review proposals, make recommendations for plan design, etc.).
- Assistance with renewal process for other wellness related benefits.
- Assistance with analyses for wellness benefits, including analyses for cost impacts and utilization.
- Provide input on the development of program proposals and benefit enhancements for preventative and wellness related benefits.
- Identify health education and wellness goals for the County Wellness Program.
- Collaborate with wellness representatives and Benefits Administrator to create and facilitate comprehensive wellness program.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate wellness specific programs to meet wellness program goals.
- Act as a liaison between the County and the wellness clinic management company; integrate employee health clinic services with other health plans and wellness programs.
- Coordinate special events, such as health fairs, health screenings, and incentive programs.
- Plan and schedule fitness and health education work site classes.
- Provide opportunities for risk assessment, fitness testing, lifestyle change education, counseling, and support.
- Promote wellness, preventative and health education programs and/or projects through strategic development and implementation of marketing and communications plans.
- Monitor incentive programs, wellness class enrollment, and track participation.
- Recommend program improvements.
- Maintain wellness program budget by making recommendations for budget allocations.
- Market and provide wellness coaching for employees.
- May instruct a variety of fitness and wellness classes.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computerized fitness screening and related software and word processing programs.
- Understanding of applicable benefit policies, regulations and laws.
- Deal confidentially and effectively with employees.
- Provide strong leadership and motivate employees.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently facilitate meetings.
- Work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of related experience in the wellness and human resources benefits field, which includes administration of comprehensive wellness program, and program assessment/evaluation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Promotions, Wellness Management, Fitness and Wellness, Public Health, Health Education, Human Resources or related field from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree in related field is not required, but may be preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain Wellness Coach Certification if directed to do so, within a specified period agreed upon. Once certification is received, must re-certify as required.
- Physical requirements may be required if fitness classes are instructed. Prior to performing fitness courses the physical requirements will be reviewed.
Larimer County - 13 months ago
The Food Bank for Larimer County is a private not-for-profit business entity organized under the laws of the State of Colorado. We are also...