Back to Search Results
Apply Now To This Position
Job Location :
Brightview South River
PT2- Part Time (
< 15 hrs/week)
2p - 10p
The Brightview Experience
... vibrant people creating vibrant communities
For over ten years, our Brightview communities have provided outstanding service and amenities coupled with personalized care for seniors. Some of our residents are seeking a vibrant retirement lifestyle in our independent living apartment homes, some require the services of assisted living and long-term care, still others find specialized Alzheimer's and memory care services in our "Wellspring Village". Across the range of our award-winning communities, Brightview has come to set the standard in senior living.
Located throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England states, our communities boast top quality architectural design and amenities. But it's not just the beautiful gardens, elegant restaurant style dining, fitness centers, on-site salons, grand pianos, or even lively pubs that make our communities special. They're filled with caring and compassionate associates who take great pride in making a difference in the lives our residents each day. Join us and you'll discover a rewarding career as a part of a team of passionate professionals who feel great about the work they do and the people they do it with. In short, Brightview is simply a great place to live and a great place to work.
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Identifies on-going needs and services of residents in promotion of the highest quality services to be delivered.
- Assists Health Service Director in assessing and documenting resident assessments at state or Brightview specified intervals.
- Conducts resident wellbeing visits and communicates changes in condition and/or service plan.
- Assesses, monitors, reports and follows up with residents who have experienced an accident, incident or change in condition to ensure that resident’s needs are addressed.
- Documents all pertinent information in the resident wellness file and assists in maintaining wellness files according to BVSL policies and federal and state regulations.
- Maintains communication with residents, family members and/or responsible party, guests and associates.
- Establishes and follows the Resident service plan, assists residents with all IADL’s & ADL’s.
- Ensures that the identified health care needs of residents are being met.
- Contacts resident’s primary care provider (MD/NP) when necessary and/or upon family request.
- Accurately and promptly transcribes orders (MAR/TAR).
- Procures medications and resident care equipment as needed.
- Monitors resident’s medication and treatment to ensure accurate administration and documentation.
- Supervises the accurate delivery of medications to residents, including proper storage, distribution, re-ordering, discontinuing, destruction and narcotic counts.
- Assesses, monitors and documents the status of residents who self medicate.
- Maintains sufficient medical supplies for the community and contents of first aid kits.
- Reviews staff and consult Physician Reports and resident progress notes.
- Ensures weights and vital signs are obtained as needed for each resident.
- Acts as a liaison for pharmacy services to ensure effective pharmacy services for residents.
- Coordinates and utilizes available health care providers and resources.
- Partners with community associates to ensure compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies.
- Participates in and attends all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides line supervisor task assignments to Resident Assistants and Med Techs in the absence of the Health Service Director.
- Responsibilities may include providing input into the interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Graduate of an state approved school of nursing.
- Current state license as a Registered or Practical/Vocational Nurse.
- Minimum of one year experience in assisted living, hospice, home health, acute or long term care environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods applied to health and wellness resident care.
- Possesses written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
Brightview Senior Living, LLC - 2 years ago