If you are interested in this job, please apply by using the apply link below the job description. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend by clicking on the Tell a Friend option at the bottom of this page.
United States [US]
West Coast Medical Science Liaison Manager
offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
inVentiv Recruitment Services
, a division of inVentiv health, offers unparalleled Direct Placement and Project Sales opportunities with our numerous clients for highly qualified and accomplished candidates. Our Team has successfully partnered with over 200 Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies to recruit top sales and clinical talent. In just the past 5 years, inVentiv Recruitment Services has placed over 9,000 field-based Sales, Clinical and Management professionals with our Clients.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and provide continuous strategic and tactical vision, guidance and training to the MSLs.
- In concert with MSL Director, Client Medical Affairs personnel, and the VP, Medical Affairs and Strategy at inVentiv, develop the strategic imperatives and medical plan for the MSL team.
- Coordinate all training, activities, and communications of the field based MSLs, and assist in their professional development by being a source of information and guidance.
- Develop a 30/60/90 day Launch Plan
- Manage field operation of MSLs
- Conduct Field Visits and evaluations
- Create reports from VEEVA on MSL activities as requested by Client Medical Affairs and the VP, Medical Affairs and Strategy, Inventiv
- Ensure strong communications within the MSL team and within Client internal stakeholders, and within internal staff
- Provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. This includes communication and programs that foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a related discipline required.
3+ years as an MSL team leader/manager.
demonstrated knowledge of the diabetes/endocrinology/cardiovascular clinical environment preferred.
Familiarity and experience with managed markets, P&T committee presentations, HEOR research, and the AMCP dossier.
Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design.
Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
The ability to work independently and as a part of diverse teams.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
Self motivated and must thrive on challenge.
Ability to maintain high level of ethical and compliancy standards.
Strong time management and administrative skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills by example and through accomplishments; steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
Able to travel: 50-70 percent overnight
Medical Science Liaison
More than 50%
Minimum Education Level
InventivHealth - 5 months ago