Holyoke, MA or Stockbridge, MA
The goal of this position is to support our regional staff in educating a broad, diverse section of the regional population on our basic messages, mission, and key projects. This position would play a key role in shaping the public identities of our properties and landscapes. The Outreach Coordinator would devote creative energies to thinking up new ways of making our stories and messages engaging to audiences off-property, and would support the gathering of information from local communities that will help us to address the issues and topics that are most relevant to the people we are trying to reach.
Major themes to promote include:
Goals include but are not limited to:
- Conservation and preservation of healthy, resilient natural landscapes
- Cultural landscape and local heritage preservation
- Healthy, active lifestyles
- Local food and agriculture
- Sense of place: properties as integral community resources
This position would provide a crucial link between Western region communities, strategic priorities, programs and the statewide communication and marketing team. The Western Region Outreach Specialist would report to the statewide Marketing Director and support regional engagement priorities. The position would work closely with the Regional Director and the Western Region Engagement Manager (EM).
- Increase visibility of the work of The Trustees
- Increase and diversify property and program visitation
- Provide information and education on major themes to local communities
Skills, Qualifications, & Work Experience
- Coordinate PR in region in cooperation with the Engagement Manager and Director of Marketing, including maintaining relationships and communications with key regional press contacts. utilizing a jointly developed PR calendar with yearly themes and priorities.
- With the Engagement Manager and Marketing Director, develop PR calendar with yearly themes and priorities. Write and disseminate press releases around key stories and priority regional events.
- Support community, media, and on-property outreach around the restoration of the gardens at Naumkeag, a three-year project currently underway.
- Create and maintain promotional displays and materials for use at public events. Attend, or support staff and volunteers in attending, high-profile regional events and public outreach opportunities.
- Coordinate the regional e-newsletter in coordination with the statewide Marketing Associate.
- Monitor and update www.thetrustees.org with information, press releases, event listings, property hours, and other items to ensure regional information is current and accurate.
Benefits, Work Schedule and Salary
- Holds a B.A. or B.S. in Communications, English, Marketing, or other applicable degree
- 1–3 years experience with PR, marketing, social media, web content writing, public outreach
- Strong writing, public speaking, and computer skills
- Must be a self-starting, multi-tasker who is highly organized and is comfortable being supervised remotely
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sense of humor a must
The position is a part-time (20 hours per week), year-round, non-exempt position. Some work on weekends, evenings and some holidays may be required. Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. As a part-time employee, the Outreach Coordinator is eligible for a variety of pro-rated benefits provided by The Trustees.
idealist.org - 17 months ago