As a Wet Etch Equipment Engineer supporting the HMC/3DI pilot line and RDL manufacturing, your job responsibilities will include ownership of wet toolset functionality, optimizing, monitoring, and sustaining existing PM and tool uptime methods while also developing new procedures and practices to best enable future requirements. General job functions will include maximizing equipment availability and throughput, area technical leadership, personnel mentoring, address and mitigation of excursion events, primarily equipment related, new tool specifications, evaluations, purchase and vendor/customer relations. Active participation in cross-functional engineering teams will be part of your day-to-day responsibilities, with a key element being collaboration with our APRD counterparts in address of HMC/3DI-related development tooling/ hardware challenges.
You will focus on finding ways to improve system performance, driving the vendors to provide working solutions, assisting the production manufacturing sites, as well as building new methods and testing techniques to insure that Micron operates the equipment in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Overall responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- All platform related maintenance documentation: ownership, review and updates.
- All hardware requirements: address of critical spares and participation with OEM/Micron interactions in conjunction with tool owner.
- Act as an area technical resource for varied tool related practices and procedures.
- Improve equipment uptime, reliability and performance through technical review and refinements of procedures and methods.
- Understand and represent tool capabilities and potential processing options, contrasting benefits vs. liabilities.
- Participate in new tool specification, selection, installation, acceptance and initial qualification, as well as optimization and upgrades.
- Continuous focus on potential technical improvements, cost reduction, and yield enhancement.
- Direct interaction with the entire supply chain; capital and consumables purchasing, all respective vendors.
- Own and respond as needed to escalated tool down events from on shift personnel.
- 3+ years direct industry experience in 200mm/300mm semiconductor processing equipment
- A working understanding of wet etch processing equipment, maintenance and control/ monitoring systems is highly preferable.
- Experience with existing TOR HMC/3DI and RDL toolsets is also desired.
- Process expertise sufficient to understand/represent within-tool dynamics and potential upstream/downstream process interactions.
- Proven performance in highly dynamic, result-oriented environments.
- High level of self motivation and ability to organize/execute with minimal supervision.
- Experience in OEE/ SPC/ 6S techniques desirable.
- Strong attention to detail, in address of actions as well as in creation of documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard Windows Office Suite applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- U.S. Citizen or permanent work visa.
- BS or higher; EE, ME, ChE, Materials Science, Physics or Chemistry.
- Candidates with a compelling combination of higher electronics education and direct industry experience may be considered.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segments: Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Statistics, Engineering, Equipment, Data
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...