This position is responsible for painting surfaces of wheels using spray-painting equipment, power tools and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and painting techniques.
- Paint surfaces of wheels using spray-painting equipment, power tools and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and painting techniques
- Inspect wheels to be painted for repair, prepping and/or buffing defects
- Mix to specified color using standard formulas or color charts
- Sand, mask, blend, and polish finish. Apply or retouch paint as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., provide technical assistance to helpers, orient and train new employees, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate
- Complete required paperwork and submit according to company procedures
- Maintain tools in good working condition
- Maintain inventory of all job related materials i.e. plugs, invoices, etc
- Follow company procedures and policies at all times
- Return all calls, pages, etc. on a timely basis (minimum same day)
- Follow company procedures, policies and practices at all times
- 1 - 2 years auto painting experience required or collision repair technical school training.
- Effective communication and interaction skills helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Frequent exposure to toxic chemicals. Moderate noise level. Respirators must be worn, and other protective equipment may be required.
Dent Wizard - 13 months ago