The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to administer and maintain the computer network infrastructure throughout the City. This includes, but is not limited to, local and wide area network components, wireless infrastructure, servers, and network operating systems.
Examples of Duties:
- Administer, support and maintain network connectivity; cabling, routers, bridges, switches, etc.
- Troubleshoot network components (cabling, routers, switches, wireless access points, storage devices, workstations, printers, protocols).
- Recommend and/or purchase network components.
- Maintain inventory of network components.
- Document network infrastructure.
- Support/maintain network hardware and software configuration.
- Monitor and optimize network and server performance.
- Customize configuration where necessary.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan to protect the network.
- Create and maintain an effective security system.
- Serve as the City’s Information Security Officer.
- Install and configure network operating system software.
- Administer, support and maintain the Internet and Intranet infrastructure.
- Respond to after-hours emergency support requests based on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Work closely with the other technical staff to ensure interoperability between systems.
- Serve as back up to staff within Information Systems division.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information, Information Systems, or other computer-related equivalent degree OR two academic years of college coursework in Computer Science, Management of Information, Information Systems, or other computer-related equivalent coursework AND five years’ work experience working with Local Area and Wide Area Networks
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) OR three years of experience with supporting Cisco networking technologies
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) OR an additional three years of Microsoft Network experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good writing and documentation skills
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience supporting Storage Area Network (SAN) and/or Network Area Storage (NAS) data storage components
- Experience with database products, programming languages, Microsoft Office products, internet tools and products
- Local government experience
- Experience working with outside vendors (i.e. telecommunication vendors)
2014 Salary Range: $72,165 - $103,097 / Annually
Anticipated Hiring Range: $80,000 - $90,000 / Annually D.O.Q.
City of Bloomington, MN - 14 months ago