Edison Mission Energy ("EME") is an independent power producer engaged in developing, acquiring, owning, leasing, and operating electric generating facilities. EME is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (EIX), a publicly traded corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Performs repairs on Wind Turbine Generators and other related equipment associated with wind generation facility. Perform scheduled maintenance tasks on the wind turbines and other tasks required for turbine operation.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems related to the wind turbines.
- Repair or replacement of mechanical and electrical components on the wind turbines
- Able to use a multimeter and megohmmeter for troubleshooting electrical circuits, motors and generators.
- Understand the Operator Interface on the wind turbine to be able to start and stop the turbine and change appropriate control parameters.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.An in depth understanding of the different components of the wind turbine including the hydraulic pitch system, computerized control system and the power conversion unit.
- Able to perform all aspects of turbine repairs including generator replacements, gearbox replacements and blade replacements.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair the SCADA communication system.
- Performs simple maintenance tasks such as replacing oil filters and greasing bearings
- Performs torque checks on bolts using manual and hydraulic torque wrenches.
- Performs rigging to lift equipment and directs crane operations.
- Operates and maintains service trucks
- Required to maintain tools in good working order and organized.
- Perform housekeeping functions that include sweeping, dusting, picking up refuse, wiping down equipment.Responsible for handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous substances, monitoring accumulation sites, labeling containers, observing hazardous waste storage areas for unusual occurrences, and maintaining hazardous waste storage areas in clean and orderly fashion.
Working hours are primarily during the day shift. Must be able to work overtime with some weekends and holidays. Alternate schedules may be required during emergency breakdowns.
Able to work at heights of over 250ft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Since the turbines are on a 250+ ft. tower employee must be able to climb this distance up a ladder several times a day. Once up tower they will need the physical strength to pull up tools and parts weighing as much as 35 lbs using a pull rope.
- Able to work in adverse outdoor weather conditions with summer time temperatures above 100 f. and winter temperatures of -10 f.
- Tools and/or a quantity of hand tools generally weight up to 30 pounds. Some mechanical components are irregularly shaped, and may weigh up to 75 pounds. Also, while working with pressurized systems, it may be required to lift cylinders that contain high-pressured gases, and are 4 to 5 feet in height, and may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Mechanic duties require manual dexterity and the ability to properly use hand and power tools.
- Good writing skills are necessary to fill out service reports and other documentation needed.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of approved mechanical maintenance methods and practices, Accident Prevention Manual, Station Procedures, EME and EMOMI policy. Must posses the skills to perform mechanical equipment repairs. Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing and the ability to work without direct supervision during performance of work. As the technician on the crew you must be willing to train the other mechanics you are partnered with.
High school graduate or equivalent. Technical training and/or apprenticeship training in print reading, mechanical theory, electrical theory and specific equipment training desirable.
Edison Mission Group - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -