ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations – a leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market. The Company was established over a century ago and is made up of more than 30,000 employees with a presence in more than 30 countries on five continents.
In 2004, the Company was transformed into three pillars of growth: infrastructure, energy and water. This change was reinforced in 2005 through an innovative positioning strategy based upon the orientation of these businesses towards sustainable development with a strong global vocation.
Less than a decade ago, ACCIONA was one of the main construction companies in Spain. By immersing itself in a process of diversification, and looking for business opportunities at the international level, ACCIONA has succeeded in reinventing itself. During 2008, and after exiting Endesa in 2009, ACCIONA achieved its goal of yet, another transformation – Acciona became a pioneering company in development and sustainability, converting itself into a global leader in the development, production and management of renewable energies, water and infrastructures with a minimum environmental impact.
This journey would not have been possible without ACCIONA's ground-breaking tradition. It was behind the first merger in the Spanish construction market and, during the 1990s, was also the first non-utility to adopt a strategy based upon renewable energies.
This profound transformation was also possible thanks to an enormous investment effort, a decided commitment to innovation, and the social commitment to create quality employment.
ACCIONA currently has an opening for a Power Originator at our Chicago, IL location. Below is a description of the position as well as the qualifications necessary to be successful in this role.
- Perform assembly, commissioning, testing, repair and maintenance on wind turbine generators and related equipment at wind farm
- Conduct and review safety analyses of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building
- Support Root Cause Analyses to assist in determining equipment failure and the reasons for failures when they occur
- Complete required and accurate documentation associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment; maintain records of documentation
- Troubleshoot, adjust, repair, and/or retrofit low to medium voltage electrical, mechanical or hydraulic components and equipment associated with wind turbines and the wind farm
- Perform preventative maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner on wind turbines and associated equipment located on the wind farm
- Utilize appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control or dissipation of energy sources to ensure work is performed in safe manner
- Conduct safety analysis and review of hazards and energy sources prior to and while performing any work assignment on the wind farm
- Properly maintain tools and equipment used to perform assigned maintenance assignments
- Maintain required training certifications and qualifications as to enable personnel to safely perform work related tasks in a quality matter
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Requires a high school education or equivalent, college degree a plus
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for work and/or training for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
- Previous experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Able to work independently in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds, climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 100 meters
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments, and in adverse and extreme weather conditions, in dust, pollen, weeds, grasses, and in confined spaces
- Ability to be certified and work with both medium and high voltage equipment
- Maintain required training certifications
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to safely travel to the wind farm within 45 minutes in the event of an emergency
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport
Work may involve lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but is not limited to: eye safety glasses; hearing protectors; steel-toe boots; and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Acciona - 5 months ago