Why Join Eden Technologies:
Eden is like no other consulting organization on the planet. We are a community of intelligent vibrant technologists and thinkers who understand that there is a revolution taking place in technology with cloud, mobility, and virtualization. Our mission is to change the way people and businesses connect with each other. We believe:
- In celebrating human relationships and genuine connections.
- No one can reach their full potential alone.
- In the pursuit of growth and learning.
- You should spend your time doing what you are passionate about.
- In finishing what we start – Done. Done.™
- The most elegant design is the simplest.
- Change is the only constant and that it should be embraced.
- In having fun .
What You Will Do:
As a Solutions Architect you will provide enterprise clients technical leadership in the design and implementation of desktop migration solutions and related technologies. The desktop architect oversees all technical decisions made by the Windows 7 migration team. The position requires the ability to be a strategic thinker and execute successfully. As a thought leader you’ll be expected to implement high-quality technical solutions based on industry best-practices and complex business and technical requirements. Ideal candidates will provide high quality of services for our clients, develop and maintain excellent relationships and maintain a proven track record of success.
What We Are Looking For:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in which 3 years must be in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
- Strong in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments.
- 5+ years of experience developing zero touch OS migration solutions.
- 5+ years of experience building MSI installations to address first time installs and upgrades from scratch, repackaging of commercial and internal software affecting the enterprise, generating transform files & patches.
- Experience with deployment methodologies such as SCCM, Altiris, Landesk, CA or the like.
- Experience with login scripts and group policies.
- Experience with Windows 7 security and UAC interaction with certification, discovery, packaging, and QA applications for Windows 7 seat imaging, windows files structure, registry, GPO's.
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, and operating system troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable at developing installation automation using VB and CMD scripts.
- Knowledge of VMware Workstation and/or Microsoft VPC.
- Knowledge of ACT, OMPM, MDOP and other tools from Microsoft.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Good overall knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and how software interacts with them.
- Ability to interact with vendors, technology experts, and application users during the development and testing process.
- Strong software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience creating technical documentation. Strong practical Windows systems administration skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training