# of openings:
Windows Phone 8 Core System Developers
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industry. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
Symphony Teleca is looking for Windows Phone 8 Core System Developers who will work on product integration and support Windows 8 Smartphone based on Qualcomm chipsets and on product integration and support of Windows on Mobile Broadband devices based on Intel platform.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The requirements for the Windows 8 Mobile are:
· Interface with Microsoft engineers for joint debugging and triage of issues.
· Ability to debug code in the kernel and driver level using jtag and Microsoft debug tools.
· Need experience porting Windows OS onto Qualcomm platform.
· Need experience porting Windows OS onto Intel platform.
· Collecting release information from different subsystems (like Multimedia Audio, QTV, Camera, Camcorder, Middle ware, Core BSP, WMBSP etc).
· Integrating them using different tools & scripts (like Perforce, Windows Mobile operating system based build environment).
· Integration sanity test (using Visual studio/platform builder, SURF/FFA/FLUID devices).
· Collecting logs & first level debugging, updating wiki with release information,
· Supporting upstream integration team and tech teams with Integration activities;
· Software innovation and process enhancement initiatives to constantly improve Integration process using Windows Phone Continuous Integration system
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
· Fluent in C/C++ programming - especially in a mobile/ Smartphone or embedded environment.
· Must have solid WP8 system level development and debugging at OS level using windbg, Windows Phone Adaptation Kit and Windows Driver Kit. Current experience with WP8 OS development preferred. Familiar with application development on WP8.
· Expertise with object-oriented design and development mandatory; knowledge of common “design patterns” is required.
· Excellent knowledge of embedded systems/windows build environment, Software Integration & release process, techniques, Issues, Software Configuration Management tools & scripting languages like Python/Perl;
· Expertise in fundamentals of computer science - data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and networking concepts is mandatory.
· Familiarity with: Smartphone architecture and Windows driver development;
· Software environment (development, debug, and configuration management) for MSM / Snapdragon platforms;
· Familiarity with ARM architecture, emulators/JTAG-debuggers, and Visual Studio.
· Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
· Knowledge of Windows Phone core system services - such as kernel, RIL, networking, and media core