OpenSky is a rapidly growing Professional Services organization that operates on the premise that highly skilled, smart, experienced, and energetic people are the catalyst of any successful enterprise. Our focus lies in delivering information technology (IT) services centered on infrastructure, security and compliance requirements within our client’s environment. OpenSky’s proven consulting engagement methodology ensures timely delivery of critical technology initiatives. We offer uniquely objective solutions to our clients by providing a vendor-neutral response to complex hardware and software decisions. Our resultant response and delivery relies on qualified consultants that adhere to a project-based approach on every engagement.
At OpenSky we have a passion for partnering with our customers on their most complex information technology projects. We encourage a spirit of collaboration and open communication with our customers, partners, consultants, and internal teams. Our values include customer-focused, excellence, teamwork, open communication, and a sense of urgency in everything we do.
Our most recent accolades include:
Winner 2011 & 2012 Marcum Tech Top 40
FOX/CT – 2011 & 2012 Best Place to Work
Named to CRN’s Fast Growth List 2011 & 2012
Named to Inc. 500 List of America's Fastest Growing Companies
About the Opportunity
Our client needs a hands-on Windows 2008 Security Administrator to assist with analyzing, prioritizing, and implementing patches and other vendor-recommended changes to remediate vulnerabilities identified as part of the ongoing risk management program.
- Review vulnerability assessment reports and prioritize based on criticality and impact
- Research, analyze, and understand vendor recommended remediation measures
- Assess the potential impact of applying vendor recommended remediation measures to the Windows operating system
- Work with IT and Business leaders to determine the remediation measures to be implemented
- Communicate and coordinate scheduling of changes to Windows servers
- Execute applying patches and other vendor recommended actions against Windows servers to remediate vulnerabilities
- Test changes and troubleshoot issues resulting from remediation measures
- Propose and implement compensating controls, as needed
OpenSky is an EEO/AA Employer
- 5+ years of experience supporting and administering Microsoft Windows servers with in-depth experience particularly with Windows 2008 R2
- Experience analyzing security vulnerabilities in Windows, assessing and articulating the impact of applying measures to remediate vulnerabilities, prioritizing vulnerabilities, and applying patches or other vendor-recommended actions for remediation
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interface with both technical and business representatives
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to understand vulnerability risks and assess/weigh those risks against the possible risk of applying vendor patches and other remediation measures
- Experience with Windows Server business continuity planning and testing a plus