Windows Systems Administrator - Full Time - Lanham, MD
The systems administration encompasses server administration and database management administration. The server administrator's responsibilities include: implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests; perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers. Primary duties include performing system and server administration, operations, and maintenance support of a large enterprise 24x7 server infrastructure within the following environments - MS Server 2000/2003/2008.
Server Administrator executes tasks in the following areas: change request, trouble ticket, routine operation and maintenance, and server build.
Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all "supported" servers in response to Help Desk Tickets-which includes but not limited the following activities: Server failures, full system outage.
- Change Request
- Implement baseline changes under tech lead oversight
- Respond to assigned change requests that are submitted by "internal" and "external" customers.
- Support customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as well as an internal build report
- Create and/or update the Asset Management record-responsible for integrity of asset management record
- Ensure build report (procedure) is feasible, clear, and concise.
- Trouble Ticket
Build servers: Provide technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination for application projects
- Operation and Maintenance
- Perform server checklist
- Restore file and data information
- Perform operating system software updates/upgrades
- Create request for service support (SRS) from internal/external service providers
- Monitor/support backup
- Coordinate server installation
- Transition servers
- Assess server loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning recommendations
- Request hardware replacements
- Submit Build Reports for routine deliveries
- Provide remote access to servers
- Establish server baseline
- Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
- Communicate outage/degradation of server to management
- Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures
Job related experience/proficient in some of the following:
- MS Active Directory
- MS Server 2000/2003/2008
- Office applications
- MS Exchange
- Distributed File System and Storage Attached Network (SAN)
- CITRIX XEN Server• MS IIS • General Knowledge of VM
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 or MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 (or equivalent Windows 2003 certification)
- Backup technologies (Disk-to-Tape, Disk-to-Disk)
- Security technologies and best practices
US Security Clearance Required: Secret