Windows Server Administrator
Purpose of Position
The Windows Server Administrator is responsible for supporting the company’s Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure existing both in the corporate office location as well as multiple datacenters. This individual will work closely with all members of IT to facilitate the implementation, support, and growth of these environments. This role is responsible for related systems monitoring and operational support.
· Install, configure, maintain, and support of a variety of Microsoft server platforms including but not limited to:
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
o Microsoft Hyper-V
o Microsoft Windows Server Clustering Services
o Microsoft IIS 7
o Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
o Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
o Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010
o Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
o Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2
o Microsoft Windows Server Update Services
o Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Server 6.0 with Kaspersky Admin Kit 8.0
o IpSwitch WS_FTP Server 7.5.1
o Dell iDRAC Enterprise
· Support an n-tier custom-developed application implemented using the .NET Framework.
· Research and deploy new and relevant technologies and tools.
· Deploy new applications and updates to Test and Production environments.
· Provide performance monitoring capacity planning and maintenance to ensure a high degree of service and availability.
· Responsible for documenting and governing appropriate platform architectures, policies, and procedures.
· Assist with the documentation of and adherence to all requirements associated with PCI compliance.
· Install, configure, maintain, and support of a variety of supporting technologies used to augment the server and network environment.
o Kaspersky Antivirus
o Keynote Alerting and Monitoring Service
o Qualys Network vulnerability and Application Vulnerability Scan Tools
General Knowledge of the Following Technologies
· Active Directory
· Remote Server Management
· Web Farms
· SAN Technology
· Must have at least 3+ years of experience as a Microsoft Windows Server Administrator.
· Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and associated technologies.
· Self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit capable of successfully achieving support and project objectives with little supervision.
· Committed team player.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed.
· Relevant Microsoft certifications beneficial.
· Bachelors Degree in IT beneficial.
AOC Solutions - 18 months ago
Since 1996, the AOC mission - to aggressively solve the business and technological challenges of our clients – is the core of our...