The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Server Hardware, Operating Systems/Software and associated Services as a member of the Systems Operations team.
• Monitor and maintain infrastructure and standards for Windows Servers across Organization.
• Support other Windows based services and applications, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, printing infrastructure, Group Policies in line with department standards.
• Drive automation around server management lifecycle, including automatic builds, patching and monitoring of servers.
• Act as a point of escalation for problems transferred by IT Support Teams.
• Work with security team to ensure that systems standards are managed and maintained in alignment with security best practices, including encryption and antivirus.
• Liaise with other technical groups to ensure that Standards and Technology are in line with overall technical direction of Lucasfilm and its companies.
• Provide excellent customer support, while maintaining a highly technical environment.
• Must carry pager during work and non-work hours and be available to be on-call when needed.
5+ year’s hands-on experience maintaining and managing Windows resources in a multi-platform, high performance production environment using Active Directory.
• Detailed understanding of Windows Operating Systems.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise technology, including Active Directory and associated Group Policy design and management.
• Proven experience automating and running large-scale software rollouts to Windows Servers / Workstations.
• Strong working knowledge of DNS, LDAP, Kerberos and DHCP.
• Strong working knowledge of either Active Directory 2003/2008 OR Microsoft Exchange 2010.
• Proven experience in building and maintaining virtual hosting environments for Windows based systems, including VMWare ESX.
• Proven experience in systems automation with Windows based scripting / languages, such as PowerShell, VBS or .Net.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise level storage solutions (NAS / SAN) and administration using CIFS.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, other database technologies a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise level antivirus monitoring and prevention services.
• Demonstrated examples / proficiency in the use and administration of Linux / Mac operating systems.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines.
• Excellent team player- proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
• Detailed oriented, highly organized self starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
• Comprehensive system documentation skills.
• Strong customer service attitude and ability to work in production environment requiring adaptation to ever-changing production challenges.
• Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio and MS Office Suite.