Windows Server Engineer
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an individual to join our Nordstrom Windows Server Engineering team to provide support, engineer solutions and partner across the organization to deliver new capabilities, improve efficiencies and enable new features.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Technology division works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop and support the business systems used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal windows server engineer is a highly motivated systems engineer committed to providing technical solutions for the Nordstrom Windows platform and working in a highly collaborative, innovative and fast paced environment.
- Provide consulting services to the enterprise, design server management solutions, and analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and systems issues
- Partner collaboratively to design, engineer and implement solutions in response to business needs
- Evangelize proposed solutions and standards across the organization and Technology leadership
- Translate complex technical concepts into easily understood explanations and influence decisions to ensure enterprise benefits
- Apply knowledge of OS-level and systems hardware to troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and issues with Windows, infrastructure hardware, security, new Technologies and Frameworks
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Manage small infrastructure projects, from inception to deployment
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Open-minded and passionate about learning
- 5 + years experience in a technical support position in a Windows-based enterprise environment
- Enterprise experience with Microsoft Windows Server Platform, AD, DNS, DHCP and IIS
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, preferably VMWare
- Understanding of networking protocols (HTTP/S, FTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Understanding of software development methodologies and practices including agile development and continuous integration (CI)
- Scripting skills (Powershell, WMI, VBScript, ADSI, DOS shell)
- Desired experience in using Chef, Puppet or CFEngine (Chef preferred)
- Enterprise experience with systems management tools
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 19 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...