SumTotal Systems is the global leader in strategic Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions that provide organizations with a new level of visibility to help make more informed business decisions and accelerate growth. Recognized by industry analysts as the most complete solution, SumTotal provides full employee lifecycle management, including a core system of record, from a single vendor for improved business intelligence.
The Windows System Administrator II position is a position for an individual with significant experience with MS Windows, VMware ESX and preferably the Cisco UCS data center computing platform, within the SumTotal OnDemand Hosting Infrastructure team. The Windows System Administrator II will manage Windows Server systems running custom Web & SQL applications that are part of a rapidly growing hosted environment. This position may also be responsible for the administration and support of assigned QA servers and associated storage devices. You will ensure the systems are available on a 24x7x365 basis. Ongoing responsibilities building and configuring IIS and application servers, monitoring key processes and responding to customer requests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation and configuration of SumTotal physical and virtual servers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of selected systems.
- Troubleshoot cases reported by internal SumTotal departments involving the SumTotal Windows server performance.
- Respond to monitoring alerts involving downed system services, disk space and failed system jobs.
- Optimizes system availability, security, and performance for selected systems.
- Be available for a 24x7 on-call scheduled rotation and scheduled maintenance windows.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong Win2003 & Win2008 system administration and VMware ESX skills. Experience with Linux a strong plus.
- Software installation and configuration, applying modules and patches.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of systems and network principles and general systems administration best practices.
- Understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers and Proxy Servers.
- Any experience with MS SQL, MySQL or Oracle configuration, troubleshooting, and tuning skills are a strong plus.
- The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is able to learn new technology quickly and thoroughly, and is equally able to work as a team member or tackle a complex project individually.
- The ability to work in an energetic, fast paced and interrupt driven environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24 x 7 workplace.
- Ability to sometimes work outside of a normal scheduled shift (weekends, shifts that fall outside of 8AM – 5PM, etc)
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent minimum - Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 4 or more years of experience supporting enterprise level MS Window servers with VMWare virtualization.
- 4 or more years of experience with NAS/SAN.
- Current MCSE certification or able to pass MCSE within 6 mnonths of hire.
- Other desired experience/certifications: Cisco UCS, Cisco Routers and Switches, NetApp, 3Par and EMC SAN/NAS, ITIL version 2 or 3 Foundation certification preferred.
- 2 or more years of broad technology experience with significant depth in Change Management process/Service Management processes.
More about SumTotal: SumTotal Systems is the global leader in strategic human capital management (HCM) software, and offers an integrated line of solutions dedicated to managing companies’ most valuable asset- its people. As the largest and most profitable independent HCM company in the industry and recognized by analysts as the most complete solution, SumTotal is proud to include over half of the Fortune 500 as our customers. We are looking for people who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated by lifelong learning. We provide each employee not just a competitive salary structure, bonuses, and a benefits plan, but also a chance to develop your talent. If you’re creative, forward thinking, and have a passion for excellence, SumTotal is the right place for you. For more information, please check out www.sumtotalsystems.com.
SumTotal Systems is an EEO/AA employer.
SumTotal does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume that is submitted by a search firm or employment agency via our website or our email system will become the property of SumTotal Systems. If you are a preferred vendor, please contact an HR Staffing Representative for resume submission.
Apply To This Job
SumTotal Systems - 2 years ago
A company can't do anything without its employees, and SumTotal Systems offers a total answer for managing a company's Human...