Employee will serve as a Windows System Administrator and Active Directory Administrator reporting to the Server Support Manager. The employee will provide systems administration and support for DOR infrastructure and provide subject matter expertise for project and maintenance support efforts. Activities will include planning, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching and hands-on technical support. The employee will coordinate server management activities for the DOR server infrastructure. The employee will work closely with management, peers, and technical support contacts on activities relating to server management, patch management, capacity planning, incident and change management activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Windows Server system administration
- Demonstrated experience in Active Directory management including forest and domain trust, schema modifications, operation master roles, domain controllers, group policy design, password policies, and PKI
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare server and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge of network architecture and protocols in a large server environment
- Knowledge of storage architecture & external storage configuration in a large server environment
- Experience in change & release management lifecycles for large enterprise systems
- Skill in Systems Analysis and Design
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related discipline and three years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming, or a related field; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Experience with MS Windows Server 2008 or above
Experience with MS Windows Fail-over and/or multi-site clustering
Experience with Quest Active Directory migration tools
Knowledge of RedHat Linux Server Administration
The NC Department of Revenue (NCDOR) has a career banding compensation plan which encourages and rewards competency development. Recruitment for this position will target the journey level of the Operations & Systems Specialist class. Salary range will be commensurate with the applicant's competencies as well as budget, equity and labor market conditions. For recruitment purposes, this position is considered to be equivalent to salary grade 78.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
NOTE: Applicants may be required to provide their most recent completed work evaluation and leave balances if interviewed.
NCDOR uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Personnel Act with the most qualified individuals. A detailed description of all work experience MUST be included in the work history on the application to receive proper credit. (“See Resume” under work history is not acceptable.) Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume (text or attached) WILL NOT be considered as qualifying experience. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the online state application.
Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check and verification of tax compliance.
Persons eligible for veteran's preference must attach a copy of Form DD-214.
NC Department of Revenue
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
- 3 years ago - save job