Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting resumes for the full time position of Windows System Administrator. Under limited supervision and direction, the Windows Systems Administrator will provide system administration support, including Windows infrastructure and cyber security systems, at the DOE Office of Scientific and Technical Information in Oak Ridge.
- Take lead role: installs, configures, maintains, monitors and tunes systems, including Windows infrastructure and cyber security systems, to ensure optimum level of performance and security.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Recommends tools for implementation of security best practices to ensure integrity of information security procedures, systems, and policies.
- Supports systems backups and recovery operations.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure documentation is accurate and current.
- Conducts security reviews of applications and servers.
- Develops and maintains system related policies and procedures.
- Responds to client questions, problems, and requests regarding system issues.
- Fast learner, strong desire to increase knowledge and skill set, hunger to thrive in a dynamic systems environment utilizing a broad range of cutting-edge technologies.
- Strong, demonstrable customer service skills, client focused.
- Flexible in work flow, ability to foresee and meet needs in a rapid priority-changing environment.
- Combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building and configuring Windows Servers (Windows 2003 and 2008).
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOE clearance and pass a drug screening.
- Demonstrable knowledge of diskless desktop solutions such as Citrix and Terminal Server
- Working knowledge of Linux and Networking
- Working knowledge of Hyper-V, VMWare, or other virtual technologies
- Combination of MCTS, MCSE, MCITP, and Security + certifications.
- Firewall management
- Scripting (ex: rules for malware signatures)
- RSA familiarity
- SIEM familiarity
- OSSEC, Alien Vault, SourceFire, FireAmp, or similar familiarity
Start Date: October 1 or earlier
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy, which requires US Citizenship.
**This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus. **
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates (IIa) is an information management company with proven performance and customer service in the public...