Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa) is now accepting applications for the following full-time position of Windows System Administrator
Under limited supervision and direction, the Windows Systems Administrator will provide system administration support, including windows infrastructure and cyber security systems, at the DOE Office of Scientific and Technical Information in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- Take lead role: installs, configures, maintains, monitors, and tunes systems, including windows infrastructure and cyber security systems, to ensure optimum level of performance and security.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Recommends tools for implementation of security best practices to ensure integrity of information security procedures, systems, and policies.
- Supports systems backups and recovery operations.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure documentation is accurate and current.
- Conducts security reviews of applications and servers.
- Develops and maintains system related policies and procedures.
- Responds to customer questions, problems, and requests regarding system issues.
- Fast learner, strong desire to increase knowledge and skill set, hunger to thrive in a dynamic systems environment utilizing a broad range of cutting-edge technologies.
- Strong, demonstrable customer service skills, client focused.
- Flexible in work flow, ability to foresee and meet needs in a rapid priority-changing environment.
- Combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in building and configuring Windows Servers (Windows 2003 and 2008).
- Minimum 3 years of Exchange Admin experience
- Experience backing up VMs and Servers, preferably with Veeam and DPM.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DOE clearance and pass a drug screening.
- Working knowledge, experience with System Center Configuration Manager
- Working knowledge of Linux and Networking preferred
- Working knowledge of Hyper-V, VMWare, or other virtual technologies
- Combination of MCTS, MCSE, MCITP, and Security+ certifications.
- Host-based Windows firewall management
- Scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.)
- RSA familiarity (Two-factor Authentication)
- SIEM familiarity
- OSSEC, Alien Vault, SourceFire, FireAmp, or similar familiarity
Applicant selected will a U.S. citizen and subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a DOE clearance.
**This position is eligible for an employee referral bonus. **
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.