Veterans United strives to offer a “world class” IT experience for its employees and those who serve our country. The primary role of a Windows System Engineer is to provide technical leadership and consultation to the organization.
The Windows System Engineer will develop the vision for the infrastructure at VUHL, specifically in the Microsoft Windows server domain of expertise. This person must be a believer in and a visible example of Veterans United Home Loans’ values and culture to staff, customers, and community: be passionate and have fun, deliver results with integrity, enhance lives every day.
- Design systems to be implemented according to the goals, needs and objectives of VUHL.
- Establish industry best practices and architectures as a framework for Windows Administrators to follow.
- Assess requirements of IT related projects to determine how it will fit into the existing infrastructure.
- Prepare and publish architectural design and run book documentation.
- Suggest strategic direction, standards for procedures and policies as they relate to IT systems architecture.
- Interact with other teams to ensure requirements are understood and translated into technical solutions.
- Participate in specification, recommendation and implementation of system operations including backup/recovery, servers, monitoring, fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies to support changes in infrastructure.
- Design, develop and supervise implementation of test plans and report findings.
Necessary Skills: Remain both positive and assist in positive thinking regardless of the work load; creative, flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced work environment; passionate about furthering education through training and hands on experience; demonstrate the understanding and illustrate practice of soft skills; must be organized and have a strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or demonstrated technical related experience.
- MCSE or MCITP certification a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint 2007/2010 a plus.
- Experience with EMC, VMware, Cisco UCS, Commvault, FCOE a plus.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows Certification and Certificate Authorities.
- Extensive knowledge in, but not limited to, Server 2008/2012, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, PowerShell, DNS, DHCP and DFS.
- 5+ years of experience in a larger Windows Server environment.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer
Veterans United Home Loans is the nation's largest dedicated provider of VA Loans — dedicated to making the American dream of home...