Document and implement infrastructure upgrade projects
Configure Servers – file servers, web servers, domain controllers, SQL servers
Provide support on all systems, Web, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, VMWare, Windows Server 2000-2008
Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
Manage / Monitor backups on a daily basis, exchange, server / file migrations
Manage, monitor, upgrade and maintain VM Ware server hosts
Deploy software to servers on a regular basis, manage security patches and upgrades of all systems
Work trouble tickets as they arise
Reviewing Systems status on a daily basis
Manage exchange 2003 / 2010, conduct maintenance and break fix
Install, support windows clusters in active/active and active/passive environments
Configure, Monitor, support VMWare V 5.0 or newer
Act as a part of the disaster recovery team
Act as a backup administrator
Maintain all aspects of the server environment and report on them as needed
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Information Services or related field.
- Current MCSE is not required but is preferred
- 10+ years systems administrator experience to include technical analysis and design
- Strong knowledge of backup software and methodologies a must. EMC Networker knowledge a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of platespin a plus but not required
- Strong Knowledge of IIS 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0. Be able to deploy websites and troubleshoot issues when they arise.
- Working knowledge of load balancing using Windows NLB and or other network load balancing hardware / software
- Knowledge of task automation.
- Working knowledge of SAN infrastructure, Network infrastructure, copper and fiber
- Advanced Knowledge of Active Directory, Environment Applications, Security and Network Configurations.
- Strong knowledge of Exchange 2003 and 2010
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation; knowledge of application computer software for configuring diverse organization activities.
- Advanced Knowledge of VM Ware ESX and ESXi. Be able to design, test and deploy VM Ware servers and virtual guests
- Working knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Working knowledge of GLB, PCI, HIPAA, and SOX regulations
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Knowledge of TCP/IP ports and services, familiarity with IP Tables a plus
- Advanced knowledge of AD access control and best practices implementation
- Strong Knowledge of DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values)
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Strong deductive reasoning skills to evaluate, support, and troubleshoot complex technical server/network hardware and software systems and problems.
- Able to understand extremely technical documentation and intricate system configurations.
- Ability to multi-task and have great organization skills. Be detail oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to recognize problem situations and be tenacious in regards to follow-up on problem resolutions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, be dependable and conscientious.
- Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically unclear and require determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to complete work on short deadlines with little to no direction
- Be detailed orientated and accurate also must be able to document processes thoroughly for future reference
RJ Byrd Search Group - 15 months ago