Established customer friendly store looking for full time associate to join our growing business. Must have previous work experience with Wine Spirits & Craft Beer. Must be available nights weekends and holidays. Successful candidate should have an interest and passion for wine, wine/food pairing & the ability to convey wine characteristics to customer. Computer & order entry skills desired but training for Spirits Point of Sale system will be provided.
We're looking for entrepreneur retail professional with good communication, interpersonal & floor presence to provide exceptional customer service. Please reply with resume & cover letter detailing how your background & experience will help us both to succeed.
What we require:
- Wine Spirits & Craft Beer knowledge, educator & public presentation skill a plus.
- Experience with Wine Spirits & Beer purchasing & deal a plus!
- Providing incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers on the sales floor, making recommendations for food and wine pairings, helping locate items and answering any questions about products or services offered.
- Restaurant, Bartending & Hospitality skills a plus.
- Assists in Loss Prevention activities including cycle counts, inventory control, shrink and receiving activities.
- Setting up displays and merchandising products in innovative and eye-appealing ways to promote products, highlight seasonal influences and drive sales.
- Stocking shelves, rotating items and ensuring product levels are sustained throughout the day to meet customer needs.
- Utilizing resources to gain knowledge about the wide variety of wines available in the store to grow and develop professionally, share acquired knowledge to assist wine buyer & customers.
- Performing all steps in the checkout process including properly scanning and bagging items at a rate that meets store requirements, accepting and processing different forms of payment and making accurate change to ensure no overages or shortages of money.
- Providing tastings of wines to customers; properly setting up & marketing of wine tasting events and adhering to all state regulations.
- Performing other tasks essential to the proper functioning of the store which may include breaking down delivery loads, refilling supplies, ordering products.
- Should be able to start immediately.
Valley Wine & Spirits
800J Denow Rd
Pennington, NJ 08534