The Wintel Analyst is responsible for providing quality IT support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a similar sized financial organization and solid experience of the Windows operating systems, Citrix, VMware ESX and vSphere with specific knowledge of on:
• Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 Server administration
• Citrix Administration
• VMware ESX / ESXi 3.x, 4.x environments within local and shared storage
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, WINs, DNS, Routing, VPN, LAN/WAN
• Knowledge of hardware and software configuration
• Firm understanding of MS Office suite
Duties will include:
• Installation, clustering and administration of Windows 2003, and 2008 Servers to company standards using industry tools and best practices.
• Familiarity with HP Insight Manager
• Installation, administration and troubleshoot issue of Citrix 4.5, XenApp6
• System upgrades such as firmware, OS, application, and security patch evaluation using WSUS, scripting, and other manual processes
• Installation and administration of VMware ESX / ESXi 3.x, 4.x environments within local and shared storage
• Automated server deployments, vMotion, Storage vMotion, Update Manager, DRS, HA, VMware Conversion tools, VMware CLI and scripting
• Administer and/or troubleshoot related environments such as WINS, file shares, folder permissions, user account maintenance as well as server performance tuning
• Daily interaction with colleagues from Implementation and Support teams along with project managers
Successful candidate must :
• Have the ability to deliver projects/issues solo to their completion in the time frame allotted as well as collaborate within a team environment.
• Have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio)
• Have familiarity with writing procedures and maintaining process documentation
• Be friendly, confident, self starter, and have the ability to communicate with all levels of IT personnel from staff to upper management.
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work in team environment but can self-direct where necessary
• Friendly and outgoing with willingness to assist fellow team-members
• This position has frequent contact with end users, help-desk peers, vendors, remote IT staff and managers.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS:
This position is part of the Citco Information Technology team and reports to the Manager – Global Server team. This position has frequent contact with end users, developers, help-desk peers, vendors, remote IT staff and managers.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
A. Technical Expectations/Professional Practices:
• Provide day to day technical support.
• Participate in global and local technical initiatives.
• Monitor Service Desk local resolve group queues and comply with quality guidelines when managing incidents.
• Respond to and comply with escalation policies and procedures.
B. Leadership Expectations:
• Identification and resolution of system issues
• Architectural direction in relation to these applications in conjunction with the Citco SAE group.
C. Administrative Expectations:
• Complete timesheets (in Time and Billing System) in an accurate and timely manner.
• Complete expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepare for and participate in his/her annual and half yearly performance appraisals.
D. Professional Expectations:
• Accept responsibility and personal accountability
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality; follow proper procedures for requesting time off.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in approach to work
• Demonstrate use of professional judgment on the job
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication with customers IT team members including managers and peers.
• Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail.
• Demonstrate effective team work and working relationships with others, both from within the IT organization and customers.
• Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning; pursue professional development.
• Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make a project better, identify and reports issues, demonstrate strong concern for client and initiatives).
• Demonstrate strategic thinking.
• Ability to work in a team environment, can self direct where necessary.
• Willingness to assist fellow team members.
• Be available for work outside regular business hours on an on call rotation schedule.
E. Tools Provided By Citco:
• Employee will be provided with a Citco laptop and PDA/mobile phone device.
• Employee will be provided with all software needed to perform their job effectively
IV. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• Undergraduate degree in computing or computing equivalent or technical-related area together with equivalent working experience
B. Previous Work Experience:
Strong, current, hands-on experience (5 years + in a similar sized financial company) in the following areas:
• Analysis, design, implementation, troubleshooting and administration of enterprise Citrix environments
• Analysis, design, implementation, troubleshooting and administration of enterprise VMware environments
• Analysis, design, implementation, troubleshooting and administration, of enterprise Microsoft environments
• Complex, large-scale implementations and product rollouts
C. Specific Knowledge / Skills:
• Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English
• Must possess solid working experience with the following applications :
o MCSE certification HIGHLY desirable;
o Windows NT/2000/2003/2008 Server administration
o Citrix Administration
o Process Documentation
o Knowledge of TCP/IP, WINs, DNS, Routing, VPN, LAN/WAN
o Knowledge of hardware and software configuration
o Firm understanding of MS Office suite
o Network planning experience;
o VMware ESX / ESXi 3.x, 4.x environments within local and shared storage
o Distributed Switches and standard networking as it relates to VMware.
o Automated server deployments, vMotion, Storage vMotion, Update Manager, DRS, HA, VMware Conversion tools, VMware CLI and scripting
o An understanding of Capacity Management
o VMware VCP/VAC certification HIGHLY desirable.
D. Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to maneuver effectively within environment. Demands may include travel to other Citco sites, and may require additional hours both at home and within work environment during non-business hours.
E. Essential Physical Demands:
• Primarily sitting; may also include some lifting (i.e., computer equipment)
• Must be able to verbally communicate effectively in English.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and changing priorities. Must be able to work in high-pressure environment, sometimes independently and sometimes as part of a project team.
• Must be able to use a keyboard, read a display monitor, and use other office-related equipment.
• Flexibility and ability to deal with change
• Flexibility in work schedule according to project and business needs
• Ability to travel as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
V. WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a challenging job in a rapidly expanding international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients and complex financial and technological instruments in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Citco is proud to offer their employees extremely generous compensation, vacation and benefits packages as well as other similar benefits.
Interested in applying?
Please click to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CITCO&cws=1...
Find out more about us! www.citco.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Statement:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job specific functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.