Perform in-depth site surveys using spectrum analyzers, GPS, radio hardware, and other survey tools
· Write detailed reports and proposals for wireless systems based on the findings of site surveys performed
· Design and develop hybrid outdoor wireless systems integrating Wi-Fi, WiMAX, Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID, and other emerging wireless technologies
· Deploy , test, and tune mission critical all-weather outdoor wireless systems
· Build , configure and deploy remote Linux based network monitoring and control systems
· Work closely with clients to build systems that meet their requirements
· Work closely with the embedded firmware and software development teams, offering feedback from the field
(extensive, hands-on experience designing/creating the mentioned software components)
· 5+ years of strong/solid experience with wireless system deployments
· Complete familiarity with 802.11 and 802.16 wireless standards
· Extensive knowledge of wireless fundamentals: Link Budgeting, Effect of Multipath, Fresnel Zone, etc.
· Strong /solid knowledge of wireless security
· Solid working knowledge Unix/Linux operating systems with ability to compile/install/configure/troubleshoot software
· A very good understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, UDP, IP routing, etc.
· Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting network systems
· Good working knowledge of network and application security concepts (authorization/authentication/ACL)
· Previous network/device management experience using SNMP is a big plus!
· BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. (MS preferred)
· Local candidates (SF Bay Area or Austin-Houston, TX corridor)
sologig - 20 months ago