Are you the kind of person who loves to solve multi-disciplinary problems? Here is your chance – to work with a system involving software, hardware and mechanical components to perform automated functional testing of electronic board assemblies. You will be working on the cutting edge of Process Control technology testing electronic boards for measurement sensors that communicate to each other wirelessly.
Responsibilities for Wireless Manufacturing Test Engineer include:
To apply for this job opening please click here.
- Participate in Requirements Process with Software and Hardware Engineers to develop formalized Software Requirements for automated Functional Testing of electronic boards used in Wireless Measurement sensors.
- Create Software Architecture, Class Diagrams, High Level Design and Detailed Design Documents to satisfy evolving Software Requirements.
- Submit artifacts for Peer Review. Participate enthusiastically in Peer Review process to facilitate open exchange of ideas to improve the work product.
- Develop robust and re-usable Object-Oriented software to perform automated Functional Testing of electronic assemblies during Manufacturing.
- Work with Hardware Engineers who will design the electronics for the Functional Test Fixture.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers who will design mechanical parts of the Functional Test Fixture.
- Support operational issues related to Functional Testing at manufacturing sites.
- Analyze First Pass Yield data from manufacturing sites and use this to troubleshoot Test Fixtures and identify opportunities for improvement.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (CS) or Computer Engineering (CE).
- At least 3 years industry experience with .NET Object Oriented programming
- Process Control industry experience desired but not required.
- Strong C++ or C# or VB.NET Programming Language skills.
- .Net application development.
- Strong Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development experience
- Some experience implementing Design Patterns.
- GPIB experience required.
- Familiarity with IBM’s Rational Clearcase Configuration Management tool desirable.
Additional Company Information
- Self Starter - The person should be able to work relatively independently with minimal supervision.
- Creativity - Must be able to solve problems in a creative fashion to meet requirements.
- Communications - Must be able to understand and communicate clearly and frequently with people from different functional areas.
- Multi-Tasking - Must be able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Time Management and Prioritization – Must be able to manage time very well and prioritize issues based upon high level direction provided.
- Team Player - must work well with others and be able to take input, directions, and suggestions in a constructive manner.
Emerson Process Management ( www.emerson.com ) is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, metals and mining, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and other industries. A division of Emerson, Rosemount Inc. is a global leader in high-precision pressure, temperature, level, and flow instrumentation.
Rosemount Inc. offers a competitive rewards package that provides for the health, well-being, and future financial security for yourself and your dependents. Through a strong profit sharing program, employees have historically received double digit company contributions that reflect the performance of the company, and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for the care of yourself and your family. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and protect your dependents. A flexible work schedule, vacation and holidays allow you to balance your work life with your personal schedule. Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, employee assistance programs, and onsite wellness activities are available to support you and provide the environment you need to succeed.
Salary shall be commensurate with relevant job experience and skill-set.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...