Make a Difference
TOWER TECHNICIAN Level I -DALLAS, TEXAS
Certifications must be met in order to qualify. Proof of certifications is required!! Local candidates are preferred.
Parsons offers the stability and recognition of an industry leader coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. We are hiring colleagues with a “can do” mindset. If you thrive in a high energy environment and on professional challenges, let’s get started! Parsons delivers safer, healthier and more sustainable communities.
The Tower Technician Level 1 will perform installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures. May perform light civil scopes in support of radio systems cabling & grounding, interconnects or DC power distribution. Required on site daily at construction site(s).
You will specifically:
1. Perform installation, inspection and maintenance scopes as directed.
2. May work closely with radio systems installation technicians.
3. Ensure safety and quality control requirements are adhered to.
4. Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
5. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
The successful Tower Technician Level 1 WILL have the following experience/certifications:
1. 0-1 years wireless industry experience with 2-3 years of other construction labor experience that required elevated working conditions
2. Must possess a valid driver’s license and driver history that complies with company motor vehicle policy.
3. Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution that meets the federal standards.
4. Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor.
5. Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
Additional skills/competencies required:
Demonstrated construction & safety practices experience in telecommunications or other contracting disciplines that included vertical construction elements requiring use of fall protection devices. Ability to read construction drawings & utilize basic hand and power tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 50 lbs. and pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time. (A fit for duty test may be applied)
• Must be comfortable climbing & working at heights on towers, rooftops, water towers and other elevated structures.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Parsons Corporation - 16 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...